You need a good thermostat to ensure that your air conditioner is performing at its best. If the thermostat that acts as your HVAC system’s command center isn’t working right, how can you expect your other systems to be able to do their job correctly?
There are plenty of instances when comfort trouble turns out to actually be a problem with the thermostat rather than the air conditioner itself. If this is the case, a professional technician can help you either repair or upgrade your Springfield thermostat. Not sure whether you need an upgrade or not? We’ll give you some key indicators that the time has come.
3 Signs Your Thermostat Needs to Be Upgraded
A thermostat upgrade can help you get the best comfort possible in your home without a huge bill at the end of the month. Here are some ways to determine that now is the best time to upgrade yours!
- You’ve recently upgraded your AC or heater, but not your thermostat. It is good practice to remember that an upgrade to any part of your HVAC system is a good time to upgrade your thermostat too. You don’t want an old thermostat with poor temperature detection in charge of a new highly efficient AC–it would end up ruining its efficiency! If you’ve upgraded your AC or your heater in recent years but not your thermostat, we’d suggest getting an upgrade soon.
- Your thermostat never seems to detect temperature correctly. Your thermostat needs to be able to properly detect the temperature within your home. If yours has begun to have trouble doing that, even if the incorrect temperature is off by only a few degrees, it can leave your home uncomfortable and stress your AC. Avoid this with an upgrade.
- There is a delay or no response when you try to use your thermostat. Think about the last time you went to use (turn on or adjust) your thermostat. Was there a response? How quick was the response if there was one? A delayed response or no response at all is an indicator of a thermostat that needs to be replaced.
Options For Your Next Thermostat
If you discover that you do need a thermostat upgrade then it is a good idea to make sure that you are considering all of your options. Don’t opt for an older model just because it is familiar. Instead, we’d suggest considering a wireless (Wi-fi) or Smart thermostat for your next system. Why? Because they offer great perks like:
- Better temperature detection
- Wireless control capabilities
- Better HVAC efficiency
- The option to create custom programs
If you need help with a thermostat upgrade in your home, our trained and certified technicians are here to help. We can work with you to select the best thermostat for your home and get it installed and calibrated properly. When it comes to your comfort, professional service makes all the difference.
Service is our middle name. Contact McDaniel Service, Inc to get started.